Monday, August 29, 2016
Following a good hair care routine gives us the assurance that our hair will grow out to be stronger and healthier. According to Ayurveda, healthy hair locks require proper care and regular nourishment. The best way to keep your hair nourished is by providing periodic massages to the scalp with warm oil. Apart from doing wonders to the hair texture, hair massages can relax your nervous system and mind.
What are the benefits of proper hair and scalp massage?
1. It helps in relaxing your scalp.
2. A good massage can make your hair easier to manage by softening and conditioning them.
3. It improves the blood circulation in your neck and head area. When the scalp gets tight due to stress, then hair growth and circulation stops. A soothing massage can bring back the flow of circulation.
4. Massaging can condition the scalp in the most natural way, thereby preventing the scalp from getting dry.
5. It helps in spreading the natural oils throughout the scalp of the hair.
6. Regular massages protect your hair from getting damaged in the sun and harsh weather.
7. It is also responsible for strengthening the roots of the hair and nourishes the hair too. It strengthens the current hair and promotes new hair growth too.
8. Are you fed up of the recurring split ends? Go for deep hair oil massage to tame them.
9. A rejuvenating hair massage can also help in reducing body heat especially if you have worked the whole night in front of your desktop or have stayed up too long at night.
1. It also helps you to get a good night’s sleep.
How to Do the Scalp and the Hair Self-Massage?
It is really simple and everyone can do this at home. Just follow these steps:
1. Pour some oil in a bowl and place it in hot water to get it warm. The oil has to be warm, but at the same time comfortable to apply.
2. Use the tip of your fingers and apply oil to various parts of your scalp with parting your hair so that the oil can reach everywhere. Apply oil along the length of your hair too. Then using the tip of your fingers, apply oil in circular motion and make sure that it reaches the roots of your hair. Go slow as slow movements of fingers can be relaxing for your head and can also enhance circulation and energy.
3. Leave the oil on your head for an hour at least.
4. Wash your hair with herbal shampoo.
The scalp massage can do magic to your hair. In order to stimulate blood flow throughout the scalp and increase the chance of healthy hair growth, scalp massage is the best option. Also, it can help prevent headaches as well as provide good sleep.